facebook twitter linkedin you_tube 

a_kenyan_coffee_history
coffee_consultants_kenya
coffee_history
deep_well_drained_soils
quality_kenyan_coffee
slide_4
.

Our Coffee

In Africa, our Coffee history is rich and dates back to the early 19th Century. This has enabled us to have the best capacity and requisite required in coffee farming, processing and marketing.
Kenya in Particular has earned good reputation of producing the finest Arabica coffee in the world. We are privileged to have our Arabica coffee beans blended with other coffees in the world to give such coffee the original coffee aroma and flavor.

Kenya has been endowed by nature to have very conducive climate year round that has made it ideal for coffee farming. Rainfall is well distributed throughout the year where coffee is grown with an annual precipitation of not less than 1000 MM. Uniqueness about our Arabica coffee beans is that it is grown in rich volcanic soils found in the Kenyan Highlands between 1400 to 2000 meters above the sea level. The soil is deep and well – drained.

The total area under coffee is estimated at 160,000 hectares, about one third of which is the plantation sector and the rests under small holder sector with an estimated 700,000 growers. The total annual production has been fluctuating widely due to climate as well as socio-economic factors.  At the moment, production stands at about one million bags per year.

There are two distinct flowerings in each year, shortly after the beginning of the rains in March/April or October.  There are two district flowerings in each year, shortly after the beginning of the rains in March/April or October.  In most districts the main crop ripens from October to December.  The early crop often starts in May-July.

Kenya coffee farming is done by two categories of farmers. Large scale farmers account for about 45 percent of the total coffee production in the country while the rest 55 percent is grown by small – scale farmers distributed across the country. To ensure production of quality coffee beans and processing, small scale coffee farmers have come together to form cooperative societies to enable them to share knowledge and to increase their efficiency and effectiveness in the management of their coffee beans.

Coffee production goes through a systematic protocol from seed to cup from nursery, farm, pulping, milling and grading.  Attention to detail guarantees that the consumer only gets the best of our Kenya Coffee. Kenyan Arabica coffee beans are rated the best world – over because of their unique characteristics of having a well – balanced taste and color and plenty of palate acidity, good body and smooth sweet lemony.

As coffee experts, we are highly focused into ensuring that both our global and local clients get the right information about the coffee beans they require for their respective market segments. We take cognizant that coffee processing and subsequent grading and pricing requires an in-depth knowledge to equip the buyer with the right information to make an informed decision on what is required. Dominion Exporters International (DEI) Kenya  is a customer centric and always ensures that our customers are equipped with the right information about our coffee beans for good experience.

Dominion Coffee; Your Coffee Cup with a difference


Share Button

Physical Address

Dominion Exporters International Limited
Repen Complex Building
2nd Floor, Office No. 206
Mombasa Road Nairobi, Kenya
Mobile: +254 700 119 151
            + 254 726 764 157
Email:   This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
            This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
            This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

dei-kenya

Our Coffee

Our Coffee history is rich and dates back to the early 19th Century. This has opportuned us to have the best capacity and requisite required in coffee farming, processing and marketing.


Coffee Quality

The most important of all in the production of coffee beans, is the final quality of the cup. Our Kenyan coffee is processed by a wet method in order to ensure the best quality. 

Coffee News

Read news from across Kenya and the globe and the latest on coffee and related products We give you comprehensive up-to-date news coverage on coffee.

Copyright © 2022 Dominion Exporters International. All Rights Reserved.